#Soup throws insults around freely, as we all know, but the Editorial Board here at Total Drama was entirely surprised how effectively Leo Laporte was able to fit in some huge slams during the “This Week in Tech: 497” pre-show and show intro this past Sunday.
Partial list of insults with time codes in the video below
- 0:00: Leo insults Kim Komando for a really long time when a studio guest brings her up (the insults go on and on, and we had to edit them down quite a bit)
- 3:45: Leo says Steve Wozniak (Woz) “talks a lot… never really says anything”
- 3:54: Leo calls John’s No Agenda Show “that crackpot podcast where anything goes” and says “I’ve never listened to it”. John begs Leo to say something good about it so that people will actually listen to the show, but we elected to leave this out of the video since it was left in the downloadable show, unlike the other clips. You can watch that portion yourself in its entirety.
- 4:08: Leo says he questions Adam Curry’s mental facilities and then recounts why he won’t ever talk to him again.
- 4:36: Bonus Content: Leo explains the root problem of the TWiT network now
- 4:58: Bonus Content: Leo’s belly causes technical problems
The Gif was linked in comments
At some point someone needs to make a statue.
This is too much to be coincidence.
May any who speak against Sarah Lane suffer a hundred deaths.
Finally, will the haters now stop hating?
What more can you ask of the heavens?
I am tired of celebrities telling me to vote. Butt out of my life, I got shit to do. On the other hand, Sarah probably votes.
Why oh why does Leo have so much trouble getting guests on TWiT? That program does 65K downloads with four ads at 70 CPM, that is quite a lot of moola. If that show dies his network is in serious trouble. Well maybe blaming Chad for no one wanting to be on TWiT will work. Let’s watch a short video together, shall we?
Maybe pissing off Tom, Brian, Justin, Shannon, Chad, iYaz and losing their friends Molly, Veronica, Scott Johnson etc etc is starting to have an effect? Maybe insulting people on your stream like you did to John dVorak, Jolie O’dell, Chris Prillo etc etc is starting to have an effect? Yea, that could be it. Maybe
I am in talks with the Captain but this video comes with a sad note. The Captain may be retiring, I will let you know more as I know more.
But as promised:
*Update* Juno was in Antarctica and mixed up the timezone so the video was released on Sunday at 2AM.
There were times I thought people were too hard on the mods. Not often, but there were such times. Then, this newest Cap’n Juno video emerged. I see now that there is no end to the disease we call TWiT chat mods.
We call on all decent human beings to urge the #soupguzzler to get a new IRC room and exonerate himself from the crimes that these beasts of humanity commit daily.
While we wait for Captain Juno to chop and channel the words of Leo we should take some time to watch the original.
To bookmark special moments, to share amongst soup lovers everywhere.
Dick DeBartolo and Leo Laporte talk TWiT, grudges and suing everyone.