Leo Laporte rang in the new year by bragging for the live stream in an empty room (he fired all the employees).
Thanks to a tip, we have this impromptu Inside TWiT. In it Leo:
- Brags about a private Caribbean cruise
- Gloats about destroying another drone by flying it into the ocean — a violation of MARPOL regulations
- Describes Henry’s uninteresting interest in hot sauce
- Realizes TWiT is “the AltaVista of podcasting”
- Laments that hot wings-related shows on YouTube are far more popular than TWiT
- Wonders where he went wrong
- Gets pissed that Neil DeGrasse Tyson will go on a hot wings show but not Triangulation
- Threatens to not pay the remaining employees (Burke admits he will work for free)
- Laments the $8-9k rent for the next 8.5 years
For your sanity, I did a bunch of quick jump cuts on the first vacation bragging part so you don’t have to hear his grating rhetorical style. I can’t even explain how bad it is to edit this type of video, listening to him say the same things over and over to get the edit points.
Please continue to send in tips!
Also, be sure to tune in to TWiT for CES live coverage. Just kidding. FMCP will be there (Leo doesn’t have to pay for a place for him to stay), but Bryan and Kara are fired, so there’s nobody to run a camera and no money for a LiveU.